By the word “extremists,” I am referring to individual adherents of any faith who respond to the world around them in mentally and socially imbalanced ways.
1. They see the world in black and white; right and wrongs. The only exceptions are those that work in favor of their larger arguments.
2. They appeal to fear in order to gain followers. Ex: “If you don’t follow Q, then you will burn in the pits of Hell.”
3. They use logical fallacies when trying to “prove” their points. Ex: “This is wrong, because the guy with the religious man with the big beard says so.” (Appeal to Authority).
4. They are desperate to convince you they are right. If they cannot, they resort to the fallacies as a rhetorical tactic.
5. They condescendingly think they know something you don’t know.
6. They believe that they are neo-prophets. Their role in this life is to show you the way to salvation.
7. They carry a lot of theory (book knowledge), but rarely any experience or practical knowledge about the way to their Creator.
8. They speak before they listen to others. This deafness leads them to make commentaries about subjects, religions and people without knowledge.
9. Anything that doesn’t line up with their worldview is simply “wrong” or “misunderstood”.
10. If they don’t get their way, they become violent. Ex: blow themselves (and others) up, burn Holy Books of other faiths, commit murder, verbally and physically attack, force others into submission, build oppressive theocratic regimes (these make me want to vomit), they silence their people, and so on. (Honestly, the Buddhists are the only ones who have gotten this peace thing down).
11. Last and certainly not least, they do not understand neither God nor Peace.